Date:      Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:20:41 +0000
From:      "Miller, Vincent (Rick)" <vmiller@verisign.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Did a patch get overwritten?

Hello all,

I have a patch that I applied to the FreeBSD source in /usr/src/.  I then e=
xecuted a make buildworld that succeeded.  I ran make release to generate m=
edia.  However, it looks as though the driver I patched was updated by CVS =
during the make release process as seen in the make release output.  Did it=
, indeed, overwrite the source I patched with what was available on the CVS=
 server?

If so, at what point do I need to modify the source so that I can build a n=
ew release with this driver patch?

=3D=3D
Vincent (Rick) Miller
Systems Engineer